This summer and at the start of the autumn, individual members will have an essential say in the development of the ALDE Party Individual Members. Indeed, over the summer, we will elect our ALDE Party Congress and Council delegates and in September we will vote on our Congress resolutions and elect a new Steering Committee. There is one condition to be part of this exciting democratic adventure. Only those members who have paid their annual membership fee before 1 July, will be able to participate, be candidates or vote.
Members who have not paid yet will receive via e-mail a final chance to pay their membership fee before 1 July. The number of paid-up members determines the number of Congress delegates and the membership fees also provide funds for the development of individual membership.
Next week, all paid-up members will receive a detailed communication with information on the elections (how to participate, when to vote, etcetera).
For your convenience, please find a short list of key dates:
- 1 July: members who have paid their contribution before 1 July will be able to participate in the elections, be candidates and vote.
- 17 July: deadline to submit your nomination for Congress or Council delegate election
- 31 July: online elections during one week
- 11 September: deadline to submit your nomination for Steering Committee election
- Week of 25 September: online elections during one week
- Week of 25 September: online vote on Congress resolutions