To support the organisation of our 38th Congress in Amsterdam in December, we are now seeking a Brussels-based Events Intern.
As Events Intern, you will work with the Events Unit, on a wide variety tasks leading up to and during ALDE Party Congress, taking place on 1-3 December in Amsterdam. You will assist the work of the Head of Events & Fundraising in delivering the entire Congress, through advance preparation tasks and onsite logistical support.
This role will give you the opportunity to experience and get involved in all parts of event organisation and at the same time, greatly enhance your experience of the workings of a European political party.
The Events Intern’s main responsibilities will include…
- Assistance with all aspects of the advance event organisation – compiling invitations; managing attendee lists; monitoring delegations; assembling event information; budgetary assistance; liaising with suppliers & contractors etc.
- Responding to information requests from a variety of stakeholders
- Helping manage relationships with local suppliers
- Assistance with a wide range of communications-related tasks around the event
- Assistance with corporate part of Congress programme, including delivery of sponsored events
- Full logistical support of the onsite delivery of the ALDE Party Congress
- Assistance with other ALDE Party events taking place during Autumn-Winter 2017
- Other assistance to the Head of Events & Fundraising as required
- Experience of events organisation essential, especially of large-scale conferences or political events
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential, Dutch or other languages an asset
- Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised approach
- Social skills with the ability to network with a variety of different political and corporate stakeholders
- Some background knowledge of and interest in European Institutions & the European liberal family
- Knowledge of the city of Amsterdam as an event venue helpful
- A young and dynamic international environment
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning
- A paid ‘contrat d’insertion professionnelle’ for a minimum of 4 months (beginning mid-August 2017)
- Some travel to the Netherlands
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 15 June at 12:00 CEST, mentioning the vacancy reference “Events Intern 2017” in the subject line.