At the invitation of ALDE Party President Hans van Baalen MEP and Guy Verhofstadt MEP, leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament; liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners met at the Egmont Palace in Brussels on Thursday 19 October ahead of the European Council Summit of the same day.
Crucial topics were discussed such as migration and the Common European Asylum System, Digital Single Market, the state of play of Brexit negotiations or the upcoming legislative elections in the Czech Republic.
Have you ever wondered what do liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners do when they meet for an ALDE Pre-Summit? You can check it out in our snappy video below!
You can also watch below the arrivals of Liberal leaders to the ALDE Pre-Summit as provided by the European Parliament:
The Liberal Pre-Summit was attended by:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Miro Cerar, Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark
- Jüri Ratas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Juha Sipilä, Prime Minister of Finland
- Andrus Ansip, Vice President, European Commissioner for Digital Single Market
- Vĕra Jourová, European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
Benelux + Slovenia meeting to prepare the European council pic.twitter.com/7imNznt4LR— Xavier Bettel (@Xavier_Bettel) October 19, 2017