At the invitation of Sir Graham Watson, President of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) Party, liberal Prime Ministers and Deputy Prime Ministers will meet at the Cercle de Lorraine in Brussels on 16 July ahead of the informal European Council Summit dinner.
Negotiations for the top EU positions will be on the agenda.
Among the participants will be:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister, Luxembourg
- Alenka Bratušek, Prime Minister, Slovenia
- Taavi Rõivas, Prime Minister, Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister, The Netherlands
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Pensions, Belgium
- Didier Reynders, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Foreign Affairs, Belgium
- Siim Kallas, Vice-President of the European Commission
- Olli Rehn, ALDE Party Lead Candidate
- Guy Verhofstadt, Leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament & ALDE Party Lead Candidate
Cercle de Lorraine - 6 Place Poelaert - 1000 Bruxelles
15:30 – 15:45 Arrival of the participants
15:45 – 17:15 Liberal leaders meeting (Closed to press, stills/filming opportunity scheduled)
Please send all accreditation and bilateral interviews requests to Cristina Cartes at email@example.com or on +32 2 237 01 46 by Tuesday 15 July. Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.