At the invitation of Sir Graham Watson, President of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) Party, liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners will meet at the Cercle de Lorraine in Brussels on 23 October ahead of the European Council Summit.
Among the participants will be:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Miro Cerar, Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- Taavi Rõivas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of The Netherlands
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime-Minister of Belgium
- Věra Jourová, European Commissioner designate for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
- Neelie Kroes, outgoing European Commissioner Vice President in charge of the Digital Agenda
- Karel De Gucht, outgoing European Commissioner for Trade
- Màire Geoghegan-Quinn, outgoing European Commissioner for Research, Innovation & Science
- Guy Verhofstadt, Leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament
Cercle de Lorraine - 6 Place Poelaert - 1000 Bruxelles
11:45 – 12:00 Arrival of the participants
12:00 – 13:45 Liberal Pre-Summit meeting (Closed to press, stills/filming opportunity scheduled)
For accreditation and bilateral interview requests, please fill in the form below:
Additional press information can be obtained through Didrik de Schaetzen, ALDE Party Head of Communications, at +32 479 33 10 27 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.