At the invitation of Sir Graham Watson MEP, President of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) Party, liberal leaders will meet at the Cercle Lorraine in Brussels on 27 May ahead of the European Council meeting.
The results of the European elections and the guidelines to follow ahead of the appointment of the President of the European Commission will be on the agenda.
The following have confirmed their attendance:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister, Luxembourg
- Alenka Bratušek, Prime Minister, Slovenia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister, The Netherlands
- Ed Davey, Secretary of State for Energy & Climate Change, United Kingdom
- Alexander De Croo, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Pensions, Belgium
- Didier Reynders, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Foreign Affairs, Belgium
- Olli Rehn, European Commission Vice President in charge of Economic & Monetary Affairs
- Guy Verhofstadt MEP, Leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament
Cercle de Lorraine - 6 Place Poelaert - 1000 Bruxelles
15.30 – 16.00 Arrival of the participants
16.00 – 17.30 Liberal leaders meeting (Closed to press, stills/filming opportunity scheduled)
Refreshments available to accredited press
Please send all accreditation and bilateral interviews requests to Cristina Cartes on +32 2 237 0146 or at email@example.com by Monday 26 of May.