At the invitation of ALDE Party President Hans van Baalen MEP and Guy Verhofstadt MEP, leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament; liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners will meet at the Egmont Palace in Brussels on Thursday 15 December ahead of the European Council Summit of the same day. Please note the new earlier Pre-Summit timing (09:30 - 11:30), owing to the rescheduling of the Council Summit.
Crucial topics will be discussed such as the current status of Brexit and the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement.
Invited participants are:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Miro Cerar, Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark
- Jüri Ratas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Juha Sipilä, Prime Minister of Finland
- Andrus Ansip, Vice President, European Commissioner for Digital Single Market
- Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport
- Vĕra Jourová, European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
- Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade
- Margrethe Vestager, European Commissioner for Competition
- Guy Verhofstadt, Leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament
- Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank
Venue: Egmont Palace, Brussels
9:30 Arrivals of the participants
10:00 – 11:20 Liberal Pre-Summit meeting
11:20 - 11:25 Family Picture
For accreditation and bilateral interview requests, please fill in the form below:
Members of the press must enter the Egmont Palace through the Entrance 8 bis in Place du Petit Sablon. Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.
Additional press information can be obtained through Didrik de Schaetzen, ALDE Party Head of Communications, on firstname.lastname@example.org +32 479 33 10 27
Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.
For further information about the Pre-Summit meeting, please contact Emily Death, ALDE Party Head of the Events and Fundraising Unit, on email@example.com +32 2 237 01 49