At the invitation of Hans van Baalen MEP, President of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) Party, liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners will meet at the Egmont Palace in Brussels on Thursday 17 December ahead of the European Council Summit of the same day. Crucial topics will be discussed such as the refugee crisis, Passenger Name Records (PNR) and the proposal of the President of the European Council on safeguarding our external land and sea borders.
Confirmed participants are:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Miro Cerar, Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark
- Taavi Rõivas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Juha Sipilä, Prime Minister of Finland
- Andrej Babiš, Deputy Prime Minister of the Czech Republic
- Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport
- Vĕra Jourová, European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
- Margrethe Vestager, European Commissioner for Competition
- Guy Verhofstadt, Leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament
- François Bayrou, President of the European Democratic Party and leader of MoDem, France
- Albert Rivera, Leader of Ciudadanos, Spain
Venue: Egmont Palace, Brussels
12:45 Arrival of the participants
13:15 – 14:30 Liberal Pre-Summit meeting
14:30 - 14:45 Family picture and Press statement
For accreditation, please fill in the form below:
Additional press information can be obtained through Didrik de Schaetzen, ALDE Party Head of Communications, on firstname.lastname@example.org +32 479 33 10 27.
Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.
Members of the press must enter the Egmont Palace through the Entrance 8 bis in Place du Petit Sablon.
For further information about the Pre-Summit meeting, please contact ALDE Party Events & Business Relations Manager Emily Death on email@example.com +32 2 237 01 49.