At the invitation of ALDE Party President Hans van Baalen MEP, leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament Guy Verhofstadt, and Prime Minister of Belgium Charles Michel; liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners will meet at the Egmont Palace in Brussels on Thursday 20 October ahead of the European Council Summit of the same day. Crucial topics will be discussed such as the current status of Brexit and the latest developments on tackling the refugee crisis.
Confirmed participants are:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Miro Cerar, Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark
- Taavi Rõivas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Juha Sipilä, Prime Minister of Finland
- Andrej Babiš, Deputy Prime Minister of the Czech Republic
- Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport
- Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade
- Margrethe Vestager, European Commissioner for Competition
- Guy Verhofstadt, Leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament
Venue: Egmont Palace, Brussels
12:45 Arrivals of the participants
13:15 – 14:30 Liberal Pre-Summit meeting
14:30 - 14:45 Family Picture and Press statements
For accreditation and bilateral interview requests, please fill in the form below:
Members of the press must enter the Egmont Palace through the Entrance 8 bis in Place du Petit Sablon. Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.
A light lunch will be served for the members of the Press in the Library of the Egmont Palace from 13.30 to 14.15.
Additional press information can be obtained through Didrik de Schaetzen, ALDE Party Head of Communications, on firstname.lastname@example.org +32 479 33 10 27
Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site
For further information about the Pre-Summit meeting, please contact ALDE Party Events & Business Relations Manager Emily Death on email@example.com +32 2 237 01 49