On 23 March, the ALDE Party and Renew Europe group hosted the 10th AGRIFISH Ministerial meeting in Brussels, bringing together all the Agriculture & Fisheries ministers of our political family. The meeting was chaired by Renew Europe MEP Iskra Mihaylova (MRF, Bulgaria).
The Ministers discussed and shared views on the items on the Council agenda, with a specific focus on the ongoing negotiations and upcoming trialogue of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform package, which was agreed in October 2020 and includes strong commitments from Member States for higher environment ambition and flexibility. Moreover, they also discussed the delivery model and the green architecture of the CAP.
List of participants:
- David Clarinval, Minister of Agriculture and SMEs (MR, Belgium)
- Urmas Kruuse, Minister of Rural Affairs (Reform Party, Estonia)
- Jari Leppä, Minister of Agriculture and Forestry (Keskusta, Finland)
- Julien Denormandie, Minister of Agriculture and Food (LREM, France)
- Charlie McConalogue, Minister for Agriculture and the Marine (FF, Ireland)
- Iskra Mihaylova, Renew Europe Vice-President (MRF, Bulgaria)
- Pierre Karleskind, Renew Europe PECH Chair (LREM, France)
- Soren Gade, Renew Europe PECH Coordinator (Venstre, Denmark)
- Ulrike Muller, Renew Europe AGRI Coordinator (FW, Germany)
- Jérémy Decerle, Renew Europe MEP (Renaissance, France)
- Martin Hlaváček, Renew Europe MEP (ANO, Czech Republic)
Today, #ALDEParty and @RenewEurope organised their 10th #AGRIFISH Ministerial meeting to discuss key issues in the frame of @EUCouncil.@DavidClarinval @UrmasKruuse @JariLeppa @J_Denormandie @McConalogue @Iskra_Mihaylova @Pierre_Ka @UliMuellerMdEP @SoerenGade @JDecerle pic.twitter.com/tH6SBfNzIl— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) March 23, 2021