The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports the activities of the party, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the work of our Communication & Events Unit, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
ALDE Party Events Trainee vacancy
The Events Trainee will join the Communication and Events Unit to organise strategic events and initiatives that advance the mission of the ALDE Party. Working across the Secretariat, and with Member Parties and key stakeholders, the Events Trainee will have the chance to develop their knowledge skills and competencies around influencing and strategic engagement at the European political level, while adding value to our work to promote liberalism and gender equality.
- Assist the Events manager in all the logistical and operational aspects of the organisation of ALDE Party events
- Support the design and implementation of events that promote the work of the ALDE Party
- Support the Events manager and in loco during ALDE Party events
- Assist in managing the contacts and negotiations with contractors and suppliers
- Relevant experience at junior level in organising events, high-level meetings and receptions
- Good project management skills, including an ability to identify and mitigate risks
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a demonstrable ability to interact effectively in cross-cultural environments and with representatives from international backgrounds
- Capacity to work independently and in collaboration with a variety of partners, as well as flexibly to changing briefs and dynamic situations
- Ability to meet deadlines, with a keen eye for detail and deliver quality output
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), knowledge of a second language is an advantage
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- A contract in the framework of a Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle (CIP) or of an Agreement with your University from September 2022 to end of June 2023
- A monthly allowance (if recruited with a CIP), meal vouchers and the public transport subscription reimbursed up to 80%
- A multicultural and dynamic environment and a supportive atmosphere
The Events trainee will be based in Brussels. To apply, please send a CV (without headshot) and letter of motivation to [email protected] by Wednesday 10 August at 12.00 CET, mentioning the vacancy reference “Events Trainee” and your first and second names in the subject line.
The first round of interviews will be held on 5 and 6 September. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the month of August.
For more information see www.aldeparty.eu