The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European liberal party composed of more than 70 member parties from more than 30 European countries. Its members share the common belief that freedom is key to the development of the individual and is core to the protection if civil liberties and free markets. ALDE Party works with its members throughout Europe to strengthen liberal democrat parties and policies and to engage effectively with European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat supports the activities of the ALDE Party, organizes its meetings, manages its external communication, provides strategic consultancy and organizational development, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the networking, exchange of best practices and capacity building among member parties, we are now seeking a:
Consultant to coordinate liberal activities in the Western Balkans
The liberal party scene in the Western Balkan region has been suffering from fragmentation for many years. Given recent political developments on the EU’s enlargement policy have only increased the need for strengthening liberal forces in the region. European Liberals cannot be a minor voice and political actor on the ground. Stronger external support and guidance are needed to help consolidate liberal organisations and their ability to contribute to the debate and influence developments in the region.
The contractor is required to perform the following services:
- develop strategic plans and leadership to promote experience sharing and networking for the liberal parties in the region
- expand the current network (LIBSEEN) of knowledge-sharing in the region
- assist in building stronger parties that can be successful in elections
- engage with other key external partners in the region to pool and share resources for common projects in the region
- develop advocacy campaigns and cross-country initiatives among the local partners in the region
- continuously assess with the ALDE Party the progress made with the targeted parties
- identify opportunities to develop a stronger presence and impact of local liberal forces in the political landscape
- more than twelve years of experience in the area of political party consultancy
- ability to provide strategic counsel to party presidents, different party leadership and various elected officials
- ability to offer of comprehensive assessment of organisational and strategic needs for political parties
- ability to coordinate among a variety of stakeholders
- strong knowledge of languages spoken in the region
The ALDE Party offers a one-year contract, renewable. Candidates are requested to submit their profiles and track record of political party consultancy work by 24 June 2022 to [email protected]