The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the third largest European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 40 European countries. The Brussels-based ALDE Party Secretariat supports the activities of the Party; organises its meetings; manages its external communication; and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our growing activities, we are now seeking a:
Travel Agency Services provider
Purpose of the contract:
The purpose of this Call for Tender is to conclude a “framework contract” (hereafter referred as “contract”) with a Travel Agency capable of providing the services in handling the number of travel arrangements mainly flights, train tickets and accommodations for both ALDE Staff and external persons.
More particularly provision of the following services is required:
- Handling of ticketing requests sent by email to the Travel Agency concerning flight and train bookings.
- Accommodation reservations.
- Providing prepaid services for both transportation and accommodation.
- Car rental.
- Web check-in.
The biggest volume of foreseen transactions consists of issuing of flight tickets, and several times a year there might be a need for larger group bookings.
- The Travel Agency must be in position to provide the aforementioned services, during normal working hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 18:00, local Brussels time). It should be noted that the response request of maximum of three hours is applicable during the time frame 9:00 to 18:00.
Outside working hours:
- Flexibility during weekends and holidays would be appreciated. In particular, the Travel Agency has to guarantee hotline services 7 days and 24 hours (the name(s) of (a) contact person(s) and telephone number must be provided).
- The Travel Agency must provide assistance to staff who are traveling and inform them immediately of any changes, cancellations or problems with their traveling.
Technical and professional requirements:
- Be a registered (IATA) travel agent with access to normally obligatory restricted airline and train booking systems (for example, computer reservations system such as AMADEUS, SABRE, GALILEO or AMTRAK).
- Adequately staffed and technically equipped for a smooth and efficient performance of the tasks required in the purpose of the contract.
- For the tenderer, at least 5 years of experience in the field of providing national and international services.
- For each of the tenderer’s staff who will be proposed to implement the contract, a very good working knowledge of English, at least B2 is required.
- The Travel Agency shall appoint an account manager or contact person dedicated to ALDE.
- Ability to respect ALDE’s internal travel policy.
We are offering a five-year contract to be reviewed on a yearly basis.
Please apply by offering your proposal and detailed quote to Carla Garcia Fabbri, Travel Coordinator at The ALDE Party: [email protected] by 20 January 2023.