In this monthly series, we share some key updates on what’s happening in liberal politics, in Brussels and beyond. To find out more and to stay up-to-date on the latest news, make sure you follow us and our members on Twitter!
Happening in April 2020:
Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak, a number of events planned to take place in April have been postponed or cancelled. We continue to update this article throughout the month, when and if new events (physical or online) are confirmed.
- 2 April: MEPs quiz Commissioner Thierry Breton on the EU’s response to the outbreak
- 4 April: LYMEC Digital Congress
- 8 April: Commissioner Didier Reynders at CEPS webinar on safeguarding the rule of law
- 14 April: Comissioner Didier Reynders discusses the Rule of Law with European Policy Centre (EPC)
- 16 and 17 April: European Parliament Extraordinary Plenary Session
- 22 April: VP Vera Jourová presents report on GDPR
- 23 April: EUCO videoconference meeting hosted by Charles Michel
- 24 April: Executive Vice President Margrethe Vestager discusses digital sovereignty in the age of pandemics
Please note that while periodically updated with relevant additions, this article isn’t a comprehensive list of all possible events. Make sure you follow our member parties, the European Institutions or our Individual Members programme for all updates.