In this monthly series, we share some key updates on what’s happening in liberal politics, in Brussels and beyond. To find out more and to stay up-to-date on the latest news, make sure you follow us and our members on Twitter!
Happening in July 2020:
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, a number of events planned to take place in July have been postponed or cancelled. We continue to update this article throughout the month, when and if new events (physical or online) are confirmed.
- 1 July: German EU presidency begins
- 1 July: Online Liberal Breakfast on the German EU Presidency
- 2 July: ELF - bimonthly 'On the Agenda' online series begins
- 3 July: ALDE Party Bureau meets online
- 3 July: Didier Reynders joins Liberal International event 'Everything's under control: the pandemic of power-grabs'
- 3 July: ELF - Future Institutional Framework event
- 5 July: Croatia snap Parliamentary elections
- 7 July: Renew Europe webinar: 'A vision for rural Europe'
- 8 July: Kadri Simson unveils EU Hydrogen Strategy and Energy System Integration Strategy
- 8-10 July: European Parliament plenary session
- 12 July: Second round of Polish Presidential elections
- 15 July: North Macedonia Parliamentary elections
- 16 July: Margrethe Vestager at European Business Summit
- 17-18 July: Extraordinary European Council
- July: Vestager presents Communication on the Future of Research and Innovation and the European Research Area
Please note that while periodically updated with relevant additions, this article isn’t a comprehensive list of all possible events. Make sure you follow our member parties, the European Institutions or our Individual Members programme for all updates.