In this monthly series, we share some key updates on what’s happening in liberal politics, in Brussels and beyond. To find out more and to stay up-to-date on the latest news, make sure you follow us and our members on Twitter!
Happening in May 2021:
- 1 May: MR Digital Congress
- 3 May: ELF Webinar - EU nutrition labelling: towards a European Nutri-Score?
- 4 May: ALDE Party Webinar - Building our Own Future: Dialogue for a Liberal Europe
- 4 May: Local elections in Madrid
- 5 May: Executive Vice-President of the Commission Margrethe Vestager launches proposal for a Regulation on Distortive Foreign Subsidies and an update on Industrial Strategy for Europe
- 5 May: Renew Europe Webinar - Conference on the future of Europe: Make it Yours!
- 5 May: FDP and AIM Germany Webinar: Renew Europe - but how !? (Event in German)
- 6 May: UK local elections – London, Scotland and Wales
- 9 May: Europe Day
- 11 May: Renew Europe Webinar - Europe of the citizens: The Conference for the future of Europe
- 14-16 May: FDP Congress
- 16 May: Local elections in Croatia
- 17-20 May: European Parliament Plenary Week
- 18 May: Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager launches communication on the Global Approach to Research and Innovation
- 21 May: ELF Young Changemakers Academy 2021- Event 1
- 23 May: Cyprus parliamentary elections
- 26 May: Vice- President of the Commission Vera Jourova launches guidance for strengthening Code of Practice on Disinformation and Executive Vice-President Margrethe Vestager launches proposal for a trusted e-ID
- 29-30 May: SFP Party Congress
- 29 May: UDI Congress
- 30 May: Parliamentary elections in Cyprus
- 31 May: POLITICO AI Summit with European Commissioner Didier Reynders and Vice-President of the Commission Věra Jourová
Please note that while periodically updated with relevant additions, this article isn’t a comprehensive list of all possible events. Make sure you follow our member parties, the European Institutions or our Individual Members programme for all updates.