In this monthly series, we share some key updates on what’s happening in liberal politics, in Brussels and beyond. To find out more and to stay up-to-date on the latest news, make sure you follow us and our members on Twitter!
Happening in May 2022:
- 2-5 May: European Parliament Plenary Session
- 2 May: Renew Europe Event - LGBTIQ Freedom zone: from Europe to Cities
- 4 May: Briefing and Q&A with Ukrainian MP Kira Rudyk
- 5 May: Elections to the Assembly in Northern Ireland
- 5 May: Vice President of the European Commission Vĕra Jourová speaks at the State of the Union 2022 panel on “Defending Democracy and the Rule of Law in Europe”
- 7 May: Progresívne Slovensko Congress
- 8 May: State election in Schleswig-Holstein Germany
- 8 May: Europe Day for Ukraine march and charity concert
- 9 May: Report presentation by the COFOE executive board
- 9 May: Europe Day
- 11 May: Executive Vice President of the European Commission Margrethe Vestager launches European strategy for a better Internet for children
- 13 May: Renew Europe Seminar - Mental health in Europe: where do we stand?
- 15 May: State election in North Rhine Westphalia, Germany
- 17 May: International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia (IDAHOT)
- 18-19 May: European Parliament Plenary Session
- 20-22 May: Svenska Folkpartiet Congress
- 20-22 May: LYMEC Electoral Spring Congress
- 21 May: Open Vld ‘Liberal Vuur’ Congress
- 26 May – 21 June: ELF Liberal Communicators Network (LCN): Non-Profit Academy
Please note that while periodically updated with relevant additions, this article isn’t a comprehensive list of all possible events. Make sure you follow our member parties, the European Institutions or our Individual Members programme for all updates.