- It is mandatory to wear masks indoors, including public places such as bars, restaurants, museums and public transport. It will therefore be mandatory to wear a mask during the Council meetings. It is not mandatory to wear a mask for speakers.
- It is no longer mandatory to wear masks outdoors, but you must always carry one with you and wear it if it is not possible to maintain the safety distance.
- The Westin Excelsior has rigorous cleaning protocols and provides hand sanitizing stations.
- We encourage to use alcohol-based hand sanitizing gels, that will always be available.
Starting from the 6th of December Italy will adopt new restrictions, especially applying to unvaccinated people, regulating their access to several venues and services (even if they provide a negative test).
New restrictions may also apply to vaccinated people whose vaccination certificate is more than 9 months old (consider checking if you have been fully vaccinated before April 2021).
To make everyone feel safe and comfortable, we are going to provide antigenic rapid tests *(in addition to the mandatory safety pass). The tests will be available on Friday morning, on Friday evening (for those coming at the reception), and Saturday morning. We know it requires a little extra time, but the safety of our guests and delegates is our main concern. We will give you further instructions on how and when to take them on site.
In case you are tested positive to the rapid test must take a PCR and self-isolate in the meantime. If you are tested negative to the PCR you are free to go. Whereas if you are tested positive to the PCR test you will self-isolate for 10 days, after that, if you have no symptoms, you must take another rapid or PCR test. Here you can find a short list of places where you can book a PCR, in case you need to book one. Those are private structures which can provide faster PCRs.
- Health Ministry number for foreigners +39 0232008345 - +39 0283905385
- Regione Lazio helpline: 800 118 800
- Or 1500 helpline (may work only from local numbers)
You are probably travelling to Italy from another country, you can find all information on your country on this page. If you cannot find your country in the page, it is on list E, therefore stricter rules apply. Please mind that even if you are in list C (where you are likely to be), specific rules apply if you have visited any country in list D or E in the previous 14 days.
There are a few exceptions that may interest some of you, especially those coming from list D and E. You can find all of them here, the most relevant is probably the 120h exception, that can apply under certain circumstances. In this case you are exempted from self-isolation upon arrival if your stay is shorter than 120h, you need to provide a self-declaration. But please refer to the website, as changes may occur.