The ALDE Party is the European liberal political family, bringing together 59 parties from 42 European countries. Its role is to strengthen its member parties and to communicate liberal policy ideas for Europe. The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party organises the activities of the party, manages the external communication and provides campaign strategy consultancy to member parties.
To support our growing activities, we are now seeking a:
Data analysis trainee (m/f)
As member of a young and international team, the trainee will be part of the political unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
1. Independently conduct data analysis (data mining, visualisation, presentation)
2. Assist in the management of data analysis projects for member parties across Europe, as part of the ALDE Party’s party assistance programme.
3. Develop new analysis products for ALDE member parties, together with the Research & Data Analyst.
4. Prepare research and technical advice on new technologies and tools, notably within the field of digital campaigning
5. Assist in the organisation of workshops and training seminars.
- Background in Statistics or Computer Science, or from the fields of Economics, Political Science, Psychology, or Sociology, with strong quantitative abilities
- A good knowledge of the statistical programming language R is desired, knowledge of other programming languages (especially Python) would be an asset
- Experience with GIS software (QGIS) and/or SQL would be an asset
- Knowledge of statistical modelling techniques and machine learning would be an asset
- The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), and will have both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work.
- An understanding of European politics and party politics in particular is desirable. An affiliation with liberal party politics and values would be an asset.
- The candidate should be available for a period of 6 months with the possibility for longer.
The ALDE Party is a registered European political party and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law.
The trainee will be offered a Convention d'immersion professionnelle (Trainee contract under Belgian law, remunerated with 750 EUR per month.)
The start date is anticipated for October 2017. The trainee will be based in Brussels.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by Sunday 10 September, mentioning the vacancy reference “internship data analysis” and your first and second names in the subject line.
For more information see www.aldeparty.eu