We are happy to invite you to the next event of our Stakeholder Series, where we bring together stakeholders from the public and private sector to discuss key European policy topics through open and inclusive panel discussions. Our next event in coordination with Microsoft will be in Brussels on Tuesday 6 September at 9:30 CEST, and it will be about the role of data centres in the green and digital transitions.
The European Green Deal aims to make Europe the first climate-neutral continent by 2050 with a smarter, greener digital technologies playing a key role in this target. By 2030 data centres will represent 3.2% of the EU’s total electricity demand. Data centres are a pivotal infrastructure for Europe and have set ambitious commitments to becoming climate neutral. Practical steps can be taken to reach these goals such as data centres inclusion within the Energy Efficiency Directive.
During this event, speakers will discuss policy measures set by this directive proposal and discuss ways to increase the use of renewable energy, improve energy efficiency of ICT equipment & services, and further utilise digital innovations to reduce the carbon footprint of both its products and operations.
- When: Tuesday 6 September at 9:30 CEST
- Where: Sofitel,Place Jourdan 1, 1040 Brussel
- How: You can join us in-person by registering on the box above in advance or follow the event live on our Facebook page which will begin at 10:00 CEST.
- Vlad-Marius Botos MEP
- Vincenzo Conforti, ABB Head of EU Government Relations and Public Affairs
- Billy Kelleher MEP
- Jeremy Rollison, Senior Director for European Government Affairs at Microsoft
Moderated by Cate Nymann, Head of the Policy and Membership Affairs Unit at ALDE Party.