On 9 March, ALDE Party Vice-President Dita Charanzová received a nomination to the MEP Awards 2022 in the category of Consumer Rights for her contribution to and accomplishments in protecting the rights of consumers in the European Union.
The so-called EU’s most prestigious political awards ceremony celebrates this year it’s 18th year and brings together Members of the European Parliament and EU stakeholders to highlight and celebrate the outstanding achievements of MEPs.
Charanzová is also European Parliament’s Vice-President and member of the Internal Market and Consumer Protection Committee where she leads the Digital Services Act as Renew Europe Group’s rapporteur.
Eight other Renew Europe Group MEPs, five of which are affiliated to ALDE Party, received nominations in different categories:
- Economic, Monetary Affairs, Tax and Budgets Award: Hilde Vautmans (OpenVLD, Belgium)
- Diversity, Inclusion and Social Impact Award: Samira Rafaela (D66, Netherlands)
- Environment and Climate Action Award: Nils Torvalds (Svenska folkpartiet, Finland)
- Justice, Rule of Law and Human Rights Award: Soraya Rodriguez (Ciudadanos, Spain)
- Security and Defence Award: Urmas Paet (Eesti Reformierakond, Estonia)
- Energy, Science & Research Award: Verónique Trillet-Lenoir (LREM, France)
- Health and Wellbeing Award: Chrysoula Zacharopoulou (LREM, France)
- Infrastracture, Transport and Tourism Award: Dominique Riquet (LREM, France)
The ceremony will take place on 29 June at the Docks Dome venue in Brussels, Belgium. Find out more information on the event here.
Photo credit: The European Parliament Magazine 2022