On 14 March, ALDE Party and the Renew Europe Group in the European Parliament hosted a meeting of liberal and centrist Ministers from across Europe ahead of the Economic and Financial Affairs Council of the European Union. The meeting was chaired by Morten Løkkegaard MEP and focused heavily on debt regulation.
Ministers agreed to fight for sound economic governance and finances that prioritise public spending on important issues such as investment in defence, education and the green and digital transitions. They also discussed relations with the United States and the situation in Ukraine.
List of participants:
- Annely Akkermann, Minister of Finance (Reformierakond, Estonia)
- Yuriko Backes, Minister of Finance ( Demokratesch Partei, Luxembourg)
- Stephanie Lose, Minister for Economic Affairs (Venstre, Denmark)
- Michael McGrath, Minister for Finance (Fianna Fáil, Ireland)
- Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank (FDP, Germany)
- Morten Løkkegaard MEP (Venstre, Denmark)