On 17 October, at the invitation of the Renew Europe Group President Dacian Cioloș and ahead of the EU Summit, the political leadership of the Renew Europe family met for the very first time.
This historic moment brought together seven Heads of State of Government as well as leaders representing nearly 90 political parties – all of them united in their joint mission to fight for a new Europe that is capable to act and to deliver for its citizens.
The Renew Europe Group President Dacian Cioloș, the President of the French Republic, the Prime Ministers, the Vice-Presidents of the European Commission and the party leaders of ALDE, EDP, LREM and PLUS met in Brussels, with a focus on how to push together the pro-European agenda, the latest update on Brexit as well as the EU Summit’s agenda taking place on the same day.
The participants were:
- Andrej Babiš, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Emmanuel Macron, President of the French Republic
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium and President-elect of the European Council
- Jüri Ratas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Marjan Šarec, Prime Minister of Slovenia
Margrethe Vestager, Commissioner for Competition and Vice-President-designate of the European Commission
- Michéal Martin, Leader of Fianna Fáil (Ireland)
- Guy Verhofstadt, MEP, Brexit Coordinator for the European Parliament (Belgium)
- Hans van Baalen, ALDE Party president
- François Bayrou, EDP President
- Stanislas Guerini, LREM Executive Officer
- Dragoș Tudorache, PLUS