Sign our petition demanding severe EU action against Belarus!
We are appalled of the illegal and unlawful hijacking of the passenger plane flying from Greece to Lithuania. Roman Protasevich, a 26 year old journalist was incarcerated for exercising his right to free speech by Europe’s last dictator, Alexander Lukashenko, an act unimaginable in our free and democratic European Union.
ALDE Party has always fought for free speech and the rule of law.
Here are our demands:
- The immediate release of Roman Protasevich and Sofia Sapega
- Suspension of all EU flights over the Belarusian airspace
- Banning of all Belavia (Belarus national airline) airplanes from landing in EU airports
- Severe economic sanctions for the Belarusian government
- Urgent investigation by the International Civil Aviation Organization, including examining Russia’s role in the hijacking
Europe’s Liberals need your help. Sign our petition and share it on social media to assure that all our governments work in unison against this attack.
Make no mistake, this was an attack against all of our values.
Show your support by signing this petition and stand up for free speech and rule of law!
1,849 people have added their name
Want to do more?