Only 1 out of 3 political decision-makers in the European Union are women. The number is even lower for city mayors! If you are a young liberal local leader working to ensure equal gender participation, join the European Committee of the Regions on 4 March 2020!
The European Committee of the Regions will offer to a selection of young politicians, elected at a local or regional level (YEPs), to put forward their recommendations to eliminate individual, organisational and social obstacles that dissuade women from entering politics, during an event in Brussels from 4 to 6 March 2020.
• Hold a democratic mandate as an elected politician at regional or local level in a Member State of the European Union
• Be no more than 35 years old on the first day of the event (4 March 2020)
• Not hold a mandate as CoR member or alternate
• Have a good level of English (as this interactive event will take place in English only)
• Complete this application form and submit it no later than midday on 30 January 2020.
Important Note: Candidates must demonstrate knowledge and direct commitment to improve the gender balance in policy making in their constituencies.
Selected candidates will participate in a tailor-made programme from 4 to 6 March 2020 and will have the opportunity to meet and network with other politicians at local, national and European level.