Coming up this month
In this monthly series, we report what is happening for European Liberals, in Brussels and beyond! Follow us on social...
Only 1 out of 3 political decision-makers in the European Union are women. The number is even lower for city mayors! If you are a young liberal local leader working to ensure equal gender participation, join the European Committee of the Regions on 4 March 2020!
The European Committee of the Regions will offer to a selection of young politicians, elected at a local or regional level (YEPs), to put forward their recommendations to eliminate individual, organisational and social obstacles that dissuade women from entering politics, during an event in Brussels from 4 to 6 March 2020.
• Hold a democratic mandate as an elected politician at regional or local level in a Member State of the European Union
• Be no more than 35 years old on the first day of the event (4 March 2020)
• Not hold a mandate as CoR member or alternate
• Have a good level of English (as this interactive event will take place in English only)
• Complete this application form and submit it no later than midday on 30 January 2020.
Important Note: Candidates must demonstrate knowledge and direct commitment to improve the gender balance in policy making in their constituencies.
Selected candidates will participate in a tailor-made programme from 4 to 6 March 2020 and will have the opportunity to meet and network with other politicians at local, national and European level.
ALDE uses functional and performance cookies that are necessary for the websites to function as well as possible. These cookies do not use any personal data and no permission is required for this. We also use marketing cookies to tailor the website to your preferences. You can give permission for this below. You can always change your settings on the Privacy Statement page in the cookies section.