The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens. The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports the activities of the party, organises its meetings, manages its external communication and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the secretariat, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
Administration Intern (m/f)
As Administration Intern, you will work with the Administration Unit in bringing all the administrative support needed by the secretariat of the ALDE Party consisting of 16 members of the staff.
This role will give you the opportunity to experience and get involved in all parts of the administrative work of the secretariat and at the same time, greatly enhance your experience of the workings of a European political party.
The Administration Intern’s main responsibilities will include…
- Office management (contact with suppliers, order of office supply etc…)
- Travel management for ALDE Party staff, bureau members, consultants and participants to meetings (flights and hotel reservation)
- Welcome guests at the ALDE Party Secretariat and preparation of the meeting rooms
- Support the political unit for non-statutory events (room bookings, logistics, speaker contacts, etc…)
- Coordinate mass mailings to member parties and relevant stakeholders
- Keep the inventory and ensure proper storage of promotional items and events materials.
- The candidate must have a post-secondary education attested by a diploma/certificate. Previous experience as administrative assistant would be an asset.
- S/He must be accurate, well organized and able to work independently in a small international team. S/He should be flexible, able to manage a variable workload, manage priorities and adapt to a busy environment.
- S/He must have excellent computer skills and working experience with Word, Excel and Outlook. The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and of French.
- A young and dynamic international environment
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning
- A paid ‘convention d’immersion professionnelle’ under Belgian social law of a duration of seven months starting 1 February 2018, lunch vouchers and reimbursement of transportation costs.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 17 December 2017
mentioning the vacancy reference “Administration Intern” in the subject line as well as your first and last name