The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European liberal party composed of more than 70 member parties from more than 40 European countries. Its members share the common belief that freedom is key to the development of the individual and is core to the protection of civil liberties and free markets. ALDE Party works with its members throughout Europe to strengthen liberal democrat parties and policies and to engage effectively with European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat supports the activities of the ALDE Party, organizes its meetings, manages its external communication, provides strategic consultancy and organizational development, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our work, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
As a member of the Communications & Press Unit, the Communication Trainee will have a front row seat to the inner workings of a political party. The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist in and support the planning, creating and scheduling of social media content to a range of platforms
- Help maintain an active online presence by engaging with our supporters and other key stakeholder groups
- Track and record relevant digital analytics and metrics
- Maintain the ALDE Party website with relevant content updates
- Support the production of our weekly newsletter, including writing and proofreading articles
- Support dissemination of our bi-annual publication, Liberal Bulletin
- Support the unit’s activities at relevant events
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Demonstrated experience in managing social media accounts and creating content
- Experience in using Google Analytics and social media management tools
- Experience in writing and proofreading
- Knowledge of web management tools, ideally NationBuilder
- Native-level English and great attention to detail
- Knowledge of communications within European institutions/politics and experience from paid social media are considered an asset.
The ALDE Party is a registered European Political Party and its Staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law. This is a temporary position, with a duration of twelve months. The selected candidate will be offered a “Contrat d’Immersion Professionnelle (CIP)”
The Communication Trainee will be based in Brussels. To apply, please send a CV (without headshot) and letter of motivation to [email protected] by Saturday, 25 March, mentioning the vacancy reference “Communication Trainee” and your first and second names in the subject line.
The first round of interviews will be held during the last week of March and the first week of April. The selected candidate is expected to start in June.
For more information see www.aldeparty.eu