Renew Europe is the ultimate defender of the rights and opportunities of LGBTQI+ people, having fought for them tirelessly in the EU and beyond. Although the majority of EU Member States have legal measures against discrimination, they are often not sufficiently implemented, leaving members of the LGBTQI+ community vulnerable to hate crimes and discrimination in their everyday lives.
Join Renew Europe MEPs this summer at Pride events across Europe to challenge homophobic and transphobic legislation and show your support for LGBTQI+ rights and freedoms.
Renew Europe is determined is to make tangible progress LGBTQI+ rights by:
- Declaring the EU a LGBTQI+ Freedom Zone (Resolution adopted in March 2021)
- Recognising and expanding the rights of rainbow families in all 27 EU Member States
- Banning forced conversion therapies targeting youth
- Pushing for the adoption of the Horizontal Equal Treatment Directive, including strong equal treatment rights for LGBTQI+ people
- Ensuring the EU is a safe and welcoming place of refuge for LGBTQI+ asylum seekers
- Advocating the inclusion of LGBTQI+ rights in all EU monitoring exercises on Democracy, Rule of Law and Fundamental Rights across the EU
Find out how to join Renew Europe at Budapest Pride on 15 July and sign their petition against the stigma of LGBTQI+ people in Hungary here (in Hungarian).