Today on 10 January, liberal ministers took office in the Netherlands as a new government was sworn in.
Following their electoral success in March 2021, ALDE Party members VVD (Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie) and D66 (Democraten 66) are well-represented in the new government, with 20 cabinet positions covering critical portfolios such as Finance, Justice and Security, Climate and Energy and more.
Taking office for his fourth consecutive term as Prime Minister, Mark Rutte now leads the Netherlands’ first gender-balanced cabinet. D66 leader Sigrid Kaag also makes history as first female of Minister of Finance of the Netherlands.
ALDE Party Acting Co-President Ilhan Kyuchyuk MEP congratulated ALDE Party members VVD and D66 on Twitter:
“Congratulations to VVD, D66 and Prime Minister Mark Rutte for the formation of the new coalition government in the Netherlands. With the goal to lay the foundation for the next generation, the country is in safe liberal hands and I am sure it will continue to play a key role in the European Union.”
A full list of ALDE Party members of the new government is below.
ALDE Party Members of the Dutch Government
- Mark Rutte: Prime Minister
- Micky Adriaansens: Minister of Economic Affairs and Climate
- Mark Harbers: Minister of Infrastructure and Water State
- Conny Helder: Minister of Long-term Care and Sport
- Liesje Schreinemacher: Minister of International Trade and Development Cooperation
- Christianne van der Wal: Minister of Nature and Nitrogen
- Dennis Wiersma: Minister of Primary and Secondary Education
- Dilan Yeşilgöz-Zegerius: Minister of Justice and Security
- Aukje de Vries: State Secretary of Surcharges and Customs
- Eric van der Burg: State Secretary of Asylum and Migration
Christophe van der Maat: State Secretary of Defence
- Sigrid Kaag: Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance
- Robbert Dijkgraaf: Minister of Education, Culture and Science
- Rob Jetten: Minister of Climate and Energy
- Ernst Kuipers: Minister of Public Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Kajsa Ollongren: Minister of Defence
- Franc Weerwind: Minister of Legal Protection
- Gunay Uslu: State Secretary of Culture and Media
- Alexandra van Huffelen: State Secretary of Kingdom Relations and Digitalisation
- Hans Vijlbrief: State Secretary of Mining
Photo: (c) Government of the Netherlands