A new episode of ‘Letter from Brussels’, the podcast of Renew Europe in the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is out. In this latest instalment Sean O’Curneen, Secretary General of Renew Europe CoR, discusses the following topics:
- President Zelenskyy’s visit to the European Parliament,
- the city of Timișoara,Romania going digital,
- EU regions and cities helping victims of the earthquakes in Türkiye and Syria,
- the EU subsidiarity debate on wolves,
- a message for Europe from a Ukrainian refugee,
- and the 80th anniversary of the daring attack by three men from Brussels on a convoy taking Jewish deportees to Auschwitz.
Letter from Brussels is written and narrated by Sean O’Curneen, Secretary General of Renew Europe CoR, a former journalist, and is partly inspired by BBC radio’s Letter from America by Alistair Cooke, which ran from 1946 to 2004. The podcast is recorded in English and it appears after every CoR plenary, at least 5 times a year.