On 16 May, ALDE Party and the Renew Europe Group in the European Parliament hosted a meeting of liberal and centrist Ministers from across Europe ahead of the Economic and Financial Affairs Council of the European Union. The meeting was chaired by Morten Løkkegaard MEP and focused on the most pressing issues facing Europe’s economies today.
Ministers discussed lessons learned from the recent U.S. banking crisis and how Europe can provide solutions to make our financial systems stronger, as well as project stability. They also discussed support for Ukraine and reconstruction of the country.
List of participants:
- Yuriko Backes, Minister of Finance (Demokratesch Partei, Luxembourg)
- Sigrid Kaag, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance (D66, Netherlands)
- Stephanie Lose, Interim Minister for Economic Affairs (Venstre, Denmark)
- Michael McGrath, Minister for Finance (Fianna Fáil, Ireland)
- Mart Võrklaev, Minister of Finance (Reformierakond, Estonia)
- Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank (FDP, Germany)
- Morten Løkkegaard MEP (Venstre, Denmark)
- Stéphanie Yon-Courtin MEP (Renaissance, France)