On 9 November, ALDE Party and Renew Europe co-hosted a meeting of Ministers in Brussels ahead of the Economic and Financial Affairs (ECOFIN) Council of the European Union.
During the meeting, ministers discussed the main topics on the ECOFIN Council agenda, including the ongoing negotiations on the Economic Governance Review.
Liberals agreed to reach a deal to the benefit of fiscal responsibility and to pursue financial support for Ukraine through the Ukraine Facility, separately to a lengthy revision of the MFF.
The meeting was chaired by Renew Europe Vice-President Morten Løkkegaard MEP from ALDE Party member Venstre in Denmark.
- Yuriko Backes, Minister of Finance (Demokratesch Partei, LU)
- Klemen Boštjančič, Minister of Finance (Gibanje Svoboda, SI)
- Troels Lund Poulsen, Vice-Prime Minister and Minister for Economic Affairs (Venstre, DK)
- Mart Võrklaev, Minister of Finance (Eesti Reformierakond, EE)
- Werner Hoyer, European Investment Bank President (FDP, DE)
- Stephanie Yon-Courtin MEP (Renaissance, FR)
This morning, ministers from our political family meet to discuss ongoing negotiations on the European Governance Review ahead of #ECOFIN @EUCouncil, chaired by @Loekkegaard_MEP 🇪🇺— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) November 9, 2023
Liberal ministers committed to reaching a deal to the benefit of fiscal responsibility 🤝 pic.twitter.com/pXJpYthD2d