The ALDE Party and Renew Europe Group in the European Parliament hosted the 6th meeting of liberal ministers responsible for economics and finances ahead of the Economic and Financial Affairs Council on 5 April 2022. The meeting was chaired by Luis Garicano MEP and ALDE Party Vice-President in Luxembourg.
The participants discussed and shared views on the items on the ECOFIN Council agenda, such as hardening of sanctions against Russia, the OECD corporate income tax agreement and the SPA/NL agreement on Euro governance.
List of participants:
- Keit Pentus-Rosimannus, Minister of Finance (Reform Party, Estonia)
- Maria Kausa Aula, State Secretary in the Ministry of Finance (Centre Party, Finland)
- Christian Lindner, Minister of Finance (FDP, Germany)
- Yuriko Backes, Minister of Finance (Democratic Party, Luxembourg)
- Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank (FDP, Germany)
- Luis Garicano MEP, Renew Europe Group and ALDE Party Vice-President (Ciudadanos, Spain)
- Billy Kelleher MEP, Renew Europe Group (Fianna Fáil, Ireland) (online)
- Sigrid Kaag, Vice-Prime Minister and Minister of Finance (D66, Netherlands)
- Bruno Le Maire, Minister of Economy and Finance (LREM, France)
Thanks to the ministers of GER, LUX, EST, FIN and— Luis Garicano 🇪🇺🇺🇦 (@lugaricano) April 5, 2022
Werner Hoyer for a good @RenewEurope @ALDEParty EcoFin pre-Council meeting. We discussed hardening of sactions, the OECD corporate income tax agreement, the SPA/NL agreement on Euro governance. pic.twitter.com/hPDW14KTLp
Spoke with @RenewEurope / @ALDEParty Finance Ministers this morning on the issue of further sanctions on Russia and on the economic impact of this illegal war in Ukraine.— Billy Kelleher MEP (@BillyKelleherEU) April 5, 2022
Thanks to @lugaricano for organising and inviting me to give my views. pic.twitter.com/UH7SOPYoEz