On 3 December, ALDE Party and Renew Europe Group hosted the 5th meeting of our Ministers responsible for telecommunications ahead of the Council meeting. The meeting was chaired by Cédric O, Minister of State for the Digital Transition and Electronic Communication (LREM, France).
The Ministers discussed and shared views on the items on the Council agenda, with a specific focus on the proposed measures for a high common level of cybersecurity across the EU (NIS2 directive) as well as the progress on the Artificial Intelligence Act and the Path to the Digital Decade.
Moreover, Cédric O shared an overview of the digital priorities of the incoming European Council French Presidency, which will start in January 2022.
List of participants:
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister and Minister of Communications and the Media (DP, Luxembourg)
- Cédric O, Minister of State for the Digital Transition and Electronic Communication (LREM, France)
- Andres Sutt, Minister for Entrepreneurship and IT (Reform Party, Estonia)
- Artūrs Toms Plešs, Minister for Environmental Protection and Regional Development (Attistibai, Latvia)
- Dita Charanznová MEP, European Parliament Vice-President, ALDE Party Vice-President
Excused Ministers were:
- Petr Očko, Deputy Minister for new technologies at Ministry of Industry and Trade (ANO, Czech Republic)
- Robert Troy, Minister of State for the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment, with responsibility for Trade Promotion, Digital and Company Regulation (Fianna Fail, Ireland)
- Aušrinė Armonaitė, Minister for Economy and Innovation (Laisves, Lithuania)
- Stef Blok, Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Policy (VVD, Netherlands)
This morning, ministers from our political family meet for our 5th #TELECOM Pre-Council to discuss common priorities ahead of today’s @EUCouncil. Have a look 📷 @cedric_o @ArtursToms @SuttAndres @Xavier_Bettel @charanzova @RenewEurope pic.twitter.com/3MVe2731rQ— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) December 3, 2021
Ar kolēģiem no Eiropas Liberāļu un demokrātu apvienības pārrunājam kopīgo nostāju digitālās transformācijas un kiberdrošības jautājumos — pirms Eiropas Savienības #TELECOM ministru padomes sanāksmes Briselē. #RenewEurope https://t.co/keyJan3fHT— Artūrs Toms Plešs (@ArtursToms) December 3, 2021