The Brussels-based ALDE Party Secretariat has two vacancies for two different positions: Communication Unit and Administrative Intern.
On the one hand, we are looking for a Communication Unit Intern, who will work on a wide variety of tasks including the preparation towards the 2019 European Elections campaign.
This role will give you the opportunity to experience and get involved in all parts of political communication and at the same time, greatly enhance your experience of the workings of a European political party.
- Assist with Individual Membership programme more specifically through administrative support to new membership applications; support to management of political projects; communication with members and online community management and support to organisation of Individual Members events
- Assist Events & Fundraising Unit with communications around recruitment of Individual Members
- Assistance with all aspects of political communication – drafting text for social media, website, newsletter and the printed Bulletin
- Research good political practices on Snapchat and evaluate if a use by the Party should be envisaged
- Assist in digitalising and referencing our pictures archive
- Other assistance to the Head of the Communication unit as required
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential, other languages an asset
- Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations
- Proficient user of Snapchat and/or Instagram Stories
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised approach
- Some background knowledge of and interest in European Institutions & the European liberalism
- Experience in a members based organisation is an asset
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 December 2017 at 12:00 CEST.
Read all the details here.
On the other hand, we are looking for an Administration Intern, who will work with the Administration Unit in bringing all the administrative support needed by the secretariat of the ALDE Party consisting of 16 members of the staff.
This role will give you the opportunity to experience and get involved in all parts of the administrative work of the secretariat and at the same time, greatly enhance your experience of the workings of a European political party.
- Office management (contact with suppliers, order of office supply etc…)
- Travel management for ALDE Party staff, bureau members, consultants and participants to meetings (flights and hotel reservation)
- Welcome guests at the ALDE Party Secretariat and preparation of the meeting rooms
- Support the political unit for non-statutory events (room bookings, logistics, speaker contacts, etc…)
- Coordinate mass mailings to member parties and relevant stakeholders
- Keep the inventory and ensure proper storage of promotional items and events materials.
- The candidate must have a post-secondary education attested by a diploma/certificate. Previous experience as administrative assistant would be an asset.
- S/He must be accurate, well organized and able to work independently in a small international team. S/He should be flexible, able to manage a variable workload, manage priorities and adapt to a busy environment.
- S/He must have excellent computer skills and working experience with Word, Excel and Outlook. The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and of French.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by Sunday 17 December 2017 mentioning the vacancy reference “Administration Intern” in the subject line as well as your first and last name.
Read all the details here.
Are you well organised & able to manage a variable workload and have some administrative assistant experience? Apply by 17 December & become our #Administration Intern! >> https://t.co/8ohjapcfjl pic.twitter.com/bSgvt7HTfC— ALDE Party (@ALDEParty) November 27, 2017