PRESS INVITE 8 Liberal Prime Ministers invited to ALDE Pre-Summit on 14 December 2017
At the invitation of ALDE Party President Hans van Baalen MEP and Guy Verhofstadt MEP, leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament; liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners will meet at the Egmont Palace in Brussels on Thursday 14 December ahead of the European Council Summit of the same day.
For the first time - following the appointment of Andrej Babiš as Czech Prime Minister last week - the ALDE political family will count eight Prime Ministers making it the strongest political force in the European Council, together with the European People's Party.
Crucial topics will be discussed such as migration, defence or the state of play of Brexit negotiations.
Invited participants are:
- Andrej Babiš, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Miro Cerar, Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark
- Jüri Ratas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Juha Sipilä, Prime Minister of Finland
- Andrus Ansip, Vice President, European Commissioner for Digital Single Market
- Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport
- Vĕra Jourová, European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
- Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade
- Margrethe Vestager, European Commissioner for Competition
Mustafa Karadayi, Chairman of Movement for Rights and Freedoms
Venue: Egmont Palace, Brussels
11:30 Arrivals of the participants
11:50 - 12:00 Family picture
12:00 – 13:30 Liberal Pre-Summit meeting
For accreditation and bilateral interview requests, please fill in the form below: www.aldeparty.eu/press-accreditation-form
Members of the press must enter the Egmont Palace through the Entrance 8 bis in Place du Petit Sablon. Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.
Additional press information can be obtained through Didrik de Schaetzen, ALDE Party Head of Communications, on email@example.com +32 479 33 10 27
For further information about the Pre-Summit meeting, please contact Emily Death, ALDE Party Head of the Events and Fundraising Unit, on firstname.lastname@example.org +32 2 237 01 49