At the invitation of Sir Graham Watson MEP, President of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE) Party, the following liberal leaders will meet at the Cercle Lorraine in Brussels on 20 March, ahead of the European council meeting.
Participants will include the two ALDE Party leading candidates for the European elections, Guy Verhofstadt and Olli Rehn.
Discussions will focus on the European election campaign and the recent events in Ukraine.
The following have confirmed their attendance:
- Andrus Ansip, Prime Minister, Estonia
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister, Luxembourg
- Alenka Bratušek, Prime Minister, Slovenia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister, the Netherlands
- Siim Kallas, Vice President, Commissioner for Transport
- Neelie Kroes, Vice President, Commissioner for Digital Agenda
- Olli Rehn, Vice President, Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs
- Maire Geoghegan-Quinn, Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science
- Guy Verhofstadt, leader of the ALDE Group in the European Parliament
Cercle de Lorraine - 6 Place Poelaert - 1000 Bruxelles
11.35 – 12.00 Arrival of the participants
12.00 – 13.45 Liberal ministers and Commissioners meeting (Closed to press, stills/filiming opportunity scheduled. Refreshments available to accredited press.)
13.45 – 14.15 Press conference
Press Conference and accreditations:
There will be a press conference after the leaders’ lunch at 13:45. Please send all accreditation requests to Cristina Cartes on +32 2 237 0146 or at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 18th of March.