At the invitation of ALDE Party President Hans van Baalen MEP, ALDE Group leader in the European Parliament Guy Verhofstadt, and Prime Minister of Belgium Charles Michel; liberal Prime Ministers and European Commissioners will meet at the Egmont Palace in Brussels on Thursday 17 March ahead of the European Council Summit of the same day. The core topic of discussion will be the latest developments on tackling the migration crisis, particularly EU-Turkey cooperation.
- Hans van Baalen, ALDE Party President
- Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg
- Miro Cerar, Prime Minister of Slovenia
- Charles Michel, Prime Minister of Belgium
- Lars Løkke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of Denmark
- Taavi Rõivas, Prime Minister of Estonia
- Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Netherlands
- Juha Sipilä, Prime Minister of Finland
- Andrej Babiš, Deputy Prime Minister of the Czech Republic
- Andrus Ansip, Vice President, European Commissioner for Digital Single Market
- Violeta Bulc, European Commissioner for Transport
- Vĕra Jourová, European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
- Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade
- Guy Verhofstadt, ALDE Group leader in the European Parliament
- Werner Hoyer, President of the European Investment Bank
- Micheál Martin TD, Leader of Fianna Fáil, Ireland
Venue: Egmont Palace, Brussels
12:45 Arrival of the participants
13:15 – 14:30 Liberal Pre-Summit meeting
14:30 - 14:35 Family picture
14:35 - 14:45 Press statement
Accreditation is mandatory by using the onlineform www.aldeparty.eu/en/press-accreditation-form
Members of the press must enter the Egmont Palace through the Entrance 8 bis in Place du Petit Sablon. Journalists and crews must carry a valid form of identification at all times while on site.
A light lunch will be served for the members of the Press in the Galerie des Marbres of the Egmont Palace from 13.30 to 14.15.
Additional press information can be obtained through Didrik de Schaetzen, ALDE Party Head of Communications, on firstname.lastname@example.org +32 479 33 10 27.
For further information about the Pre-Summit meeting, please contact ALDE Party Events & Business Relations Manager Emily Death on email@example.com +32 2 237 01 49.