The Renew Europe Group in the European Committee of the Regions (Renew Europe CoR) is looking for a trainee to assist the Renew Europe secretariat with the preparation of CoR commission meetings and plenary sessions.
Tasks during the Renew Europe traineeships involve:
- Drafting briefings
- Carrying out research
- Attending CoR commission meetings and drafting reports
- Identifying and summarising documents from the CoR, European Commission, European Parliament and other documents relevant to these meetings
- Helping with practical arrangements for preparatory and commission meetings
- Attending and reporting back from committee meetings in the European Parliament and various seminars of interest to the CoR commissions
- Contact with the members
- Administrative work
- Drafting of minutes of group meetings and reports of commission meetings
In addition to this, more general assistance to all team members will be required.
- Organized, pro-active, self-starter
- Interest in local and regional politics, European Union
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is an asset. Other European languages are considered a plus.
- Ideally affinity with European liberal policies and / or parties
This traineeship is alongside the traineeship which is funded by the CoR and the two trainees would work closely together. This vacancy would suit students who secured funding from another organisation such as a university, foundation, or other, for example within the framework of their study programme (last-year bachelor’s degree or Master students); post-graduate students should specify if they will be funded through the Erasmus, Leonardo or other finance programmes. All other candidates should specify how they will be funded.
The traineeship lasts for up to 5 months.
All Renew Europe CoR internship appointments are done based on merit following our recruitment process, which includes an interview by phone or video-call of a shortlist of candidates. All applicants, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability are considered, and Renew Europe CoR aims to reflect the diversity of society.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All those invited can expect an interview in English by Renew Europe staff.
Please send your CV and a short motivation letter in English to Abdoul Diallo ([email protected]) before 2 July 2021.
Ideal starting date: 1 September 2021