Critical raw materials underpin Europe’s strategic autonomy across a range of sectors, including net zero industry, digital industry, aerospace and defence. They are essential for the competitiveness of European industry and the realisation of our climate goals.
This discussion with a range of stakeholders will examine the Commission’s proposal for a Critical Raw Materials Act, its expected impact for the Union and improvements to be addressed by the European Parliament.
Stakeholders from a range of sectors will present their views, in conversation with the European Parliament’s Rapporteur and negotiating team.
16:00 - 16:05 - Welcome & introductory remarks - Rapporteur Nicola Beer
16:05-16:15 - Keynote speech - Commissioner for Internal Market Thierry Breton (TBC)
16:15 - 17:00 - Interventions from experts
- Massimo Gasparon, Director of European Raw Materials Alliance
- Jan Moström, CEO of LKAB (Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB)
- Julie-Ann Adams, CEO, European Electronics Recyclers’ Association
- Giles Dickson, CEO of Wind Europe
- Stéphane Arditi, Director for Climate, Circular Economy and Industry at the European Environmental Bureau
17:00 - 17:55 Panel discussion and Q&A with Members of the European Parliament and the public - Moderator: Rapporteur Nicola Beer
17:55 - 18:00 - Concluding remarks Rapporteur Nicola Beer