The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports the activities of the party, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the work of our Events & Engagement Unit, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
Community/CRM Manager: (m/f)
Reporting directly to the Head of Events and Engagement, you will manage all aspects of the ALDE Party community including the full management of the CRM system (NationBuilder) and creation of the campaigns calendar.
You will manage the budget and prepare periodic budgetary overviews for the two income streams related to the ALDE Party community – that of our individual members and that of our individual donors.
Internally, you will coordinate with the Communication Unit to ensure content is shared on all platforms, and to build a strategy to grow our email distribution list. You will also coordinate with the Data Team to ensure that all metrics for measuring success of different campaigns are taken into consideration when drafting and executing the forward calendar.
This role will give you the opportunity to put your experience of community and CRM management to use in a dynamic European political environment with the ability to lead on exciting and forward-thinking political engagement campaigns.
Manage Individual Donor Programme and Individual Membership Programme on CRM system
- Produce increasing amount of targeted email content
- Monitor all data generated from individual emails – conduct testing and work with data team to continuously improve strategy;
- Work towards ever closer collaboration with social media team and Political Unit so that content is shared across all platforms;
- Improve donor and supporter journeys
- Perform joint campaigns with member parties
- Maintain budgetary overviews of income generated from individual donations and amounts spent on individual fundraising activities and proactively brief relevant colleagues on this budget
- Continue to improve current membership acquisition infrastructure to make process more engaging
- Conduct extensive research (eg focus groups) to understand fully what motivates current members and donors and use results to engage more audiences
Event Fundraising & Support
- Development of strategy to generate more income (membership fee/donations on top) from the ALDE Party’s annual Congress
- Project management, full logistical control and content delivery of Networking trip for fundraisers/CRM users from ALDE member parties
- Be first point-of-contact for Events and Email Marketing Assistant, delegating reasonable tasks and coordinating with Head of Events and Engagement Unit as necessary, pro-actively briefing Assistant on delegated tasks
- Organisation of common email inboxes
Project Management of new ALDE Party website
- Continually work with ALDE Party website developers to ensure optimisation for individual engagement and prepare reports on this work.
- Extensive experience of CRM software, be it NationBuilder or another provider
- You are a data-driven storyteller, capable of drafting messages from a variety of political stakeholders
- Affinity to quantitative thinking and advanced Excel skills
- Previous experience of managing interns or junior members of staff an advantage
- Project management skills an advantage
- Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations
- Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised, practical approach
- University degree in a relevant field an advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential
- Understanding of the European political landscape
- A young, dynamic, and professionally enriching international working environment
- A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning
- A competitive salary package
- Some travel around Europe
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] by Thursday 9 July 2020 at 23:59 CEST, mentioning the vacancy reference “Community/CRM Manager” in the subject line.
Interviews 13-16 July 2020, preferred start date ASAP. We may conduct interviews before this date should suitable candidates be found.