The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party, eupp) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our work, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
As member of a young and international team, the trainee will be part of the Policy, Strategy & Capacity Development unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
• Independently conduct research and analysis, to generate insights for political campaigns across Europe (data mining, visualisation, presentation)
• Assist the management and development ALDE Party’s analytics databases and data integration tasks
• Management of data analysis projects for member parties, as part of the ALDE Party’s party assistance programme.
• Prepare research and technical advice on new technologies and tools, notably within the field of digital campaigning
• Assist in the organisation of workshops and training seminars.
• We are looking for a candidate with strong quantitative abilities, ideally with experience using the statistical programming language R
• Experience working with SQL databases would be a strong asset
• Ability to communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience
• Experience working with GIS data would be considered an asset
• The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and will have both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work.
• An understanding of European politics and party politics is desirable.
• The candidate should be available for a period of 6 months.
The ALDE Party is a registered European political party and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law. The trainee will be offered a Convention d'immersion professionnelle (Trainee contract under Belgian law, remunerated with 1.200 EUR per month).
The traineeship can start as soon as possible. The trainee will be based in Brussels.
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] by 30 October 2019 at 12:00 CEST, mentioning the vacancy reference “Data Analysis Trainee” in the subject line.
For more information see www.aldeparty.eu