Data plays an ever-increasing role in political life. Making insights from data available and understandable for political-decision-making is therefore becoming a more and more important objective for political parties. To accelerate the modernisation of European politics and to further grow the abilities of the ALDE Party Secretariat. We are hiring a Data Analysis Trainee to join the Brussels-based ALDE Data & Analytics Team.
Data Analysis Trainee (m/f)
As a member of a young and international analytics team, the trainee will be part of the Policy, Strategy & Capacity Development Unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Independently conduct research and analysis, to generate insights for data-driven decision-making of ALDE Party (research, visualisation, presentation).
- Assist the management and development of ALDE Party’s analytics databases and data integration tasks
- Management of data analysis projects for member parties, as part of the ALDE Party’s party assistance programme.
- Prepare research and technical advice on new technologies and tools, notably within the field of digital campaigning
- Assist in the organisation of workshops and training seminars.
- We are looking for a candidate with strong quantitative abilities, ideally with experience using the statistical programming language R
- Experience working with Geodata would be considered a strong asset
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to a non-technical audience
- The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and will have both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work.
- An understanding of European politics and party politics is desirable. An affiliation with liberal values and prior campaign experience would be an asset.
- The candidate should be available for a period of 6 months.
The ALDE Party is a registered European political party and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law. The trainee will be offered a Convention d'Immersion Professionnelle (Trainee contract under Belgian law, remunerated with 1200 EUR per month).
The traineeship can start as of September. The trainee will be based in Brussels. To apply, please send a CV (without headshot) and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 21 August, mentioning the vacancy reference “internship data analysis” and your first and second names in the subject line.
For more information see www.aldeparty.eu