The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the work of the 2019 Campaign Director we are now seeking two Brussels based:
• Assist the Social Media team in responding & engaging with our audience during the campaign
• Participate in the organisation and coordination of the ALDE Campaign Team of Lead Candidates particularly around the Spitzenkandidaten debates and other campaign events
• Assistance with creation of content for mailing campaigns & sending of mailings
• Support the political unit in maintaining a list of MEP candidates across the EU
• Send out promotional material to ALDE candidates and activist
• Assist with practicalities around ALDE Party training seminars
• Office administration pertaining the ALDE 2019 Campaign
• Higher education degree in Communication, Political or Social Sciences
• Strong affinity and interest in the aims and values of the European liberal family
• Political campaign experience at national, regional or local level is a distinct advantage
• Fluency in spoken and written English essential, other languages an advantage
• Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations
• Efficiency, attention to detail, and a highly organised, practical approach
• Understanding of EU Institutions, national parliaments & their regulatory environments useful
• A five month ‘contrat d’insertion professionelle’ corresponding to approx. 750 EUR net/month
• A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning
• A young, dynamic, and professionally enriching international working environment
• Potential travel inside the EU
To apply, please send a Curriculum Vitae and letter of motivation to [email protected] by Wednesday 9 January 2019 at 12:00 CEST
mentioning the vacancy reference “Campaign Intern" + your Last Name in the subject line.
Start date anticipated: early February 2019