Coming up this month
In this monthly series, we report what is happening for European Liberals, in Brussels and beyond! Follow us on social...
The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party, eupp) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our work, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
The European Women’s Academy (EWA) of Political Leadership and Campaigning is an elite training program for liberal female politicians created in 2016.
The EWA inspires participants and provides them with the knowledge and tools to win their upcoming elections and to become more influential leaders. The EWA empowers rising stars from European liberal political parties and gives them additional skills to achieve their political goals. International political strategists and campaign experts help participants build their political careers and campaigns and provide participants with all the critical skills needed to successfully run for public office.
The goal of the EWA is to address women’s underrepresentation in politics and to elect more liberal female politicians at all levels of government.
The EWA Project Manager will be part of the Policy, Strategy & Capacity Development unit and will assist the EWA Executive Director in planning and implementing core programs of the EWA including:
• Three training sessions per year for EWA participants
• Recruitment and management of trainers and external speakers for these training sessions
• Add qualitative insights on what works/doesn’t work in EWA program and training
• Creation and management of external online platforms promoting EWA activities, EWA participants, EWA alumni and relevant news and feature stories about women’s political engagement
• Creation and management of internal online platforms for EWA alumni and EWA participants
• Working with interested partners, including ALDE member parties, who want to host programs in connection with and in support of the EWA
• Developing the program into a leading brand for female political promotion, training and engagement in Europe
• Help identify EWA alumni interests and how EWA can continue to support alumni goals and create “EWA community”
• Development and management of a network supporting the interests of EWA alumni and current EWA participants
• Collect and package “EWA Success Stories” from EWA alumni that can be used in social media, marketing for EWA and fundraising for EWA (this can include print and video production)
• Identify opportunities for regular programs and communication among EWA Alumni and with EWA Alumni and the larger “EWA Community”
• Support in the development of other projects of political and organizational development of member parties
• University degree (Bachelor level) in a relevant field
• Experience in project management is essential
• Ability to create and post creative and engaging online content in support of the program’s strategic goals, across various social media platforms and in a regular, timely manner
• Social skills with ability to network and communicate with a variety of political stakeholders of different socio-cultural backgrounds and represent the EWA program
• Fluency in spoken and written English essential, other languages an advantage
• Identification with liberal values and policies of ALDE Party and its members
• Understanding of the European political landscape
• Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations
• Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised, practical approach
This position is considered an opportunity to be part of the creation and implementation of a high priority program within the ALDE Party.
• A young, dynamic, and professionally enriching international working environment
• A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning
• A competitive salary package
• Some travel around Europe
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by 28 October 2019 at 12:00 CEST, mentioning the vacancy reference “EWA Project Manager” in the subject line.
ALDE uses functional and performance cookies that are necessary for the websites to function as well as possible. These cookies do not use any personal data and no permission is required for this. We also use marketing cookies to tailor the website to your preferences. You can give permission for this below. You can always change your settings on the Privacy Statement page in the cookies section.