The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party, eupp) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our work, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
Member of a young and international team, the receptionist will be part of the Administration unit. The main responsibilities of the position are:
• Answer the phone, welcome guests at the ALDE Party Secretariat and prepare the meeting rooms
• Office management (contact with suppliers, order of office supply etc...)
• Travel management for ALDE Party staff and bureau members (including flights & hotel bookings)
• Support the team for non-statutory events (room bookings, logistics, speaker contacts, etc...)
• Manage the contacts with suppliers, and regularly evaluate market offers
• Provide ad-hoc support to the other members of the administration unit
• Keep the inventory and ensure proper storage of promotional items and events materials.
The candidate must have a Bachelor degree and at least two years of experience in a similar position.
The candidate must be accurate, well organized and able to work independently in a small international team. S/He should be flexible, able to manage a variable workload, manage priorities and adapt to a busy environment.
S/He must have excellent computer skills and working experience with Word, Excel and Outlook. The candidate must have excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and of French.
An interest in politics and liberal values would be an asset.
The Receptionist will be based in Brussels but will also be called upon for occasional travel within Europe.
• The opportunity to be part of a dedicated team actively contributing to the formation of a liberal European identity.
• A CDI under Belgian Law.
• A gross salary of appr. 2.500€ and other extra-legal benefits.