The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports its activities, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the work of the ALDE Party Events & Fundraising Unit ahead of the 2019 elections campaign, we are now seeking a Brussels based:
• Assistance to Events Staff on planning/preparation of ALDE Party events
• Assistance with preparation of event logistics including materials, documentation, briefings etc.
• Office administration tasks related to event planning
• Onsite logistical support to the Events Officer and Head of Events & Fundraising
• Preliminary scouting work in assistance to Events Officer with identifying venues and suppliers
• Assistance in maintenance of databases including CRM software
• Assistance with compiling weekly financial overviews of income received from donors and members
• Assistance with recruitment of individual members via different online and offline channels
• Focus on improving membership renewal process and experience
• Conducting research on fundraising legislation in EU member parties
• Ongoing monitoring of stakeholder developments and preparation of briefings for stakeholder meetings
• Assistance with creation of content for mailing campaigns & sending of mailings when necessary
• Additional office administration tasks related to fundraising
• Varied range of tasks assisting members of the Unit with fulfillment of their ongoing tasks
• Higher education degree in relevant field essential
• Experience of event organisation essential
• Experience of fundraising a distinct advantage
• Pro-active and responsive with ability to quickly understand tasks and situations
• Efficiency, strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a highly organised, practical approach
• Social skills with ability to network with a variety of political and corporate stakeholders
• Fluency in spoken and written English essential, French desirable, other languages an advantage
• Affinity with and interest in the aims and values of the European liberal family an advantage
• Understanding of European Institutions, national parliaments, their regulatory environments useful Benefits
• A young, dynamic, and professionally enriching international working environment
• A role in which the candidate will be offered multiple opportunities for development and learning
• A six month ‘contrat d’insertion professionelle’
• Some travel around Europe
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] by Monday 7 January 2019 at 12:00 CEST, mentioning the vacancy reference “Events & Fundraising Intern” in the subject line.
Start date anticipated mid-end January 2019