he Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. Its role is to strengthen the liberal democrat movement throughout Europe, define a common political vision and communicate it effectively to European citizens.
The Brussels-based Secretariat of the ALDE Party supports the activities of the party, organises its meetings, manages its external communication, and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties.
To support the work of our Events & Fundraising Unit, we are now seeking a Brussels-based:
The intern will be part of the Communications Unit, with the following key responsibilities:
• Assist in and support the planning, creating and scheduling of social media content to a range of platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Help maintain an active online presence by engaging with our supporters and other key stakeholder groups
• Follow and report on key trends on different social media platforms
• Track and record relevant digital analytics and metrics
• Maintain the ALDE Party website with relevant content updates
• Support the production of our weekly newsletter
We are looking for someone with:
• Demonstrated experience in managing social media accounts and creating content
• Experience in using Google Analytics and other relevant social media management tools
• Interest and experience in planning and using audio-visual communication (videos, graphics)
• Experience in writing and proofreading
• Knowledge of web management tools (WordPress, Drupal)
• Native-level English and great attention to detail
• Knowledge of communications within European institutions/politics and experience from paid social media (Facebook, Twitter) are considered an asset
The candidate should be available for a period of 6 months.
The ALDE Party is a registered European political party and its staff is working in the frame of employee contracts submitted to Belgian Law. The trainee will be offered a Convention d'immersion professionnelle (Trainee contract under Belgian law, remunerated with 1.200 EUR per month).
To apply, please send a CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] by 14 November 2019 at 12:00 CEST, mentioning the vacancy reference “Social Media Intern” in the subject line.
For more information see www.aldeparty.eu