The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the third largest European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. The Brussels-based ALDE Party Secretariat supports the activities of the Party; organizes its meetings; manages its external communication; and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our growing activities, we are now seeking a service provider for:
External consultants for Development of Database Infrastructure
In preparation of the European Elections 2024, ALDE Party is aiming to consolidate its data infrastructure, to be able to make better use of the existing data and be able to access new data sources more effectively. In this framework, the contractor or contractors is/are required to provide the following services:
- Develop ALDE Party’s data infrastructure further, with the aim of using it as a tool for the 2024 European Elections.
- Create new data visualisations, reports, and dashboards for use of the ALDE Party Secretariat to access critical information for day-to-day operations.
- Build data pipelines to consolidate data used by different units of the ALDE Party Secretariat and external data sources, with the aim of making them more easily accessible.
- Assist the ALDE Party Secretariat with ingestion of new data into the databases.
- Train ALDE Party staff on the use of the database resources and reporting tools.
- Provide technical advice and skills to further develop ALDE’s data infrastructure
- Where necessary, keep the existing database up to date and expand it by adding new data.
- More than 2 years of work experience as a data analyst, data scientist or data engineer.
- Proven experience and track record in database development (preferably with PostgreSQL databases).
- Data analysis skills using either R or Python.
- Experience building data dashboards using Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, R Shiny, Dash or Flask.
- Experience in website development using HTML and CSS.
- Experience building data pipelines, accessing APIs and web scraping.
- Any experience working using Amazon Web Services is desirable.
- A deep understanding of European politics and party politics is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) and both an eye for detail and necessary focus on in-depth analytical work.
The consultants are requested to submit their profiles and track record of past work experience by 16 January 2022 to [email protected].
ALDE Party is interested in a long-term working relationship and, in view of the 2024 European election, will offer a contract to run until 30 June 2024, which is performance reviewed every 6 months.