The Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (ALDE Party) is the third largest European political family, bringing together parties with common liberal, democrat and reform ideas from more than 30 European countries. The Brussels-based ALDE Party Secretariat supports the activities of the Party; organizes its meetings; manages its external communication; and facilitates European policy development and networking amongst liberal parties. To support our growing activities, we are now seeking a service provider for a:
Events & Stakeholder Relations Consultant
In the framework of the 2022 Electoral Congress of our Political family in Ireland the contractor is required to provide the following services:
- Establish and maintain good relations between the ALDE Party staff & Bureau and sponsors
- Deliver a report of existing relations & include proposals to ensure long term corporate sponsors
- Plan and execute the ALDE Party Congress in Dublin, Ireland in spring 2022
- Ensure compliance with health and safety rules
- Conduct thorough post-event evaluation in the form of a post-congress report
- Assist to contract a venue, vendors for decoration, catering, equipment, etc.
- Work with a graphic designer to design fliers, invitation material, and event programs
- Liaise with a public relation agency to publicize an event
- Meet the ALDE Party regularly before the event to work out details
- Ensure that expenditures stay within the budget
- Take care of logistics – transportation, security guards, car parks, etc
- Make estimated costs, negotiate bids with vendors and ensures payments are made
- Coordinate social media event publicity on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Maintain the records of event activities and do a post-event summary
- Determine the number of persons needed to provide support at events
- Coordinate event entertainment – music, performers, and guest speakers
- Propose ideas on how to improve on the quality of events
- Bachelor’s degree in event management or 3 years’ experience in similar events management
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written forms
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under intense pressure
- Ability to pay close attention to details
- Possess good leadership skill
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills for discussing offers with providers
- Excellent coordinating skills during events
- Possess multi-tasking skills
The consultants are requested to submit their profiles and track record of political party consultancy work by 1 November 2021 to [email protected].
ALDE Party will offer a 2-years contract to be re-evaluated after one year.